I should know better by now, than to give into the solitude. The familiarity of self-destruction, but once more I choose to celebrate only Me. Another holiday where I stay indoors, where things never change, where I stay in control of my environment in the same way a fish can move pebbles around its bowl.
I know better than to smoke, but I bought another pack today. One last hurrah, except this time its Cowboy Killers, red on white, an exciting stranger in my home. I take the world in 5 minute, burning breaks, lungs tense and aching, and I suffocate the bright sunshine, the riotously colored trees, and the unseasonable weather, which somehow helps me disconnect myself from the experience outside of my front porch.
My head aches. I am sick, but I am too disassociated to care. It is a Feeling, and like many others, it can be suppressed if I smoke until I'm dizzy and drink lukewarming coffee until I'm jittery. It's the closest thing to being high I've managed to find, and the longer I go on an empty stomach, the higher I feel.
I know today should be a reflection on togetherness, and family, and feasting, and allowing the warm feelings in to burgeon us against the coming chill, but...
I feel it is going to be a long, cold winter.
One. Last. Hurrah.
To Self-Destruction.
((Yes, it burns when it hits my stomach. Poison always does. I feel my face involuntarily screw at the rotten odor of the stuff, but I purposefully bought cheap, because this isn't about taste.
I think. I could still stop, I could pour this out now, what's $10 down the sink when I'm pissing my life away but that would be a waste of a good waster. I'm in it now, and the drink takes a drink.
I say goodbye to all I knew, and throw myself down a third drink with panicky abandon. I apologize to the cats, to my lost lover, to the events of the past month, and I cry: This was a mistake... this was all a mistake.
But I cannot go back, not on any of it. I cannot stop living there, so for now, Forget-me-All, and blot out this wretched, warm, sunshiney day. Unseasonable November, what even is this day? A Thursday? A Yesterday that finally caught up with me? A Tomorrow that regrets to have came? Sunday, maybe?
i am Mute. i am mute within my sadness and my regret.
this is symbolically how i feel, i cannot speak to you, i cannot feel you, and i have no way of knowing if you'll receive my message, or if you'll even try. Please don't try.
I miss you so much. But I don't want you back.
it strangles me, and I persist on. Better than to think of You.
How sad. I don't even want you when I'm drunk.))