You were like a drug to me, picked up so casually
just because I thought you seemed fun
and when I was spiraling, you took me viciously, to my knees
but ever after always offered a hand back up
I knew it felt wrong, when friends and family warned me off, I gloated that I "knew better"
and the most addictive drugs, the ones that feel best, are the ones that were made for medicine
Numb, isolated, bored, but... ok
Screaming, crying, fighting... no, I'm not okay
I'm dying but I want another hit, I'm missing you because you fit
my life was such a mess, before and after you
So what did I lose?
to reclaim that island of me, surrounded by your toxic sea, lime green
seething with monsters at the edge of the beach
grains of sand like broken glass, a thousand cuts on my hands but in I sink
because it stings, but then I embrace the heat: battery acid and brandy
down my throat like a toxic shot, a shock, another hit of adrenaline and co-dependancy
give it to me
i don't want it
i hate you
i love you
i can't take anymore of this cycle
i'm dizzy spinning in this spiral
i want off this ride, it's a carnival
of nightmares
i want to wake up
we're done