The usual: red flags everywhere and in more animated display than usual. The ones which come with holographic emblems, or foil edging, but regardless, underneath, display the unmistakable base color: RED. Blood red, wine red, seeing red. That One.
Is it my nature or my curse, to make the conscious decision to walk through this field of red flags, so cleverly adorned, as though I am a weary traveler through the poppies of Oz. I suppose being dumb isn't necessarily a curse... but going on my premise that each failed relationship is a lesson, I stand to learn a lot about tolerance and communication, and... maybe learn to let go a little bit of control.
If we don't kill each other first.
This post was started on October 4, and rediscovered October 18. The day after we blew up one last time, we finally admitted that we loved each other, and blocked each other on all social media.
It's sad, but... I think I can move on. I think I learned my lesson.