My previous post had me wondering why things felt too good to be true, and unfortunately, my gut feeling was correct. The dream died hard and slowly but in it's place, a new hope.
The sunny little house in the cornfields has been replaced with a shady little house on 3 acres of peaceful solitude. I have not been able to shake the lingering doubt from the previous experience that it still may prove a fruitless venture, and the amount of money I will be left with at the end of the month is dismal, but...
Maybe I don't need as much as I think I do? I have coworkers and family that are willing to help me get started, and I can slowly build from there. I don't necessarily need windows that can open if I can sit in the shady patch under a magnolia tree and relax after a long day.
I don't need furniture, despite my ex having two storage units full of unwanted stuff... ...
I'll be fine.
Just fine.